Position: Early Childhood Educators
Halifax St Children’s Centre & Preschool is an integrated Early Childhood Service recognised for high quality early childhood education. Successful applicants will work within a positive team to develop and implement an education program and will be engaged in in our ongoing research of the Reggio Emilia principles with colleagues and network groups across Adelaide, including presenting at conferences.
At the moment, we are researching and refining our new philosophy to reflect the authentic values of our current community. We are working with a very well known, respected and experienced Early Years Consultant to facilitate this research.
As educational research is an important principle of the Reggio Emilia approach, we are also undertaking 3 other smaller projects to deepen our thinking and refine our practices. They include the following:
- The Language of Makarrata (Reconciliation Action Project)
- Caring For Country (Sustainability)
- The Language of Food
Our projects and learning program at Halifax St strongly embraces: the child’s voice, our connections with our families, Kaurna Elder, Green Adelaide and the local community. As a member of our Halifax St team, you would also be invited and supported to participate in our educational research.
Why work with us?
Currently we are seeking casual Educators who strongly embrace and live the values of the Reggio Emilia principles. There is potential that for the right candidate, the role will be reviewed for contract and permanent positions.
Regular high quality professional development is offered during work hours. We have strong partnerships with a wide range of Early Learning organisations.
Membership of the Adelaide Network (Reggio Emilia Australia Information Exchange) & Early Childhood Australia.
We offer above award wages and a wellbeing package for staff.
High ratios to ensure adequate supervision and high educational practices.
Mentoring from our 4 Qualified Early Childhood Teachers. Every room has a qualified Teacher who will be able to support your growth as an Educator.
Positive Team Culture
Free on-site & off street parking.
- Ability to generate positive relationships with individual children, groups of children, team members and families.
- Ensuring that the Centre’s philosophy, policies and procedures are implemented.
- Assisting with the implementation of the Early Years Learning Framework and daily routines.
- Providing a safe and nurturing environment that promotes a sense of belonging and self-worth.
- Support our high quality early learning program to meet the needs of individual children.
We are looking for an Educator who:
- Can work collaboratively with children, families and colleagues.
- Shows honesty and respect
- Has a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Lives and breathes the Reggio Emilia Educational principles
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Has an understanding of the Early Years Learning Framework and National Quality Standards
- Is available across the working day (7.15am-6.00pm)
- Certificate 3, Diploma in Education and Care (Children’s Services) or Bachelor of Early Childhood Teaching.
- Current approved Working with Children Check
- Strong working knowledge of National Quality Standards
- Current Approved First Aid, Asthma, Anaphylaxis and CPR
- Current Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect training
How to apply:
Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders educators are strongly encouraged to apply.
Experienced Educators strongly encouraged to apply.
Please address all applications to Demi Ikon (Director) via SEEK (https://www.seek.com.au/job/67598530) with:
-a cover letter (detailing why you want to work for us and what you believe you can offer to our community of learning)
-a resume with 2 professional referees (one which must include your current employer/direct line manager)